Monday, September 14

Book of the Week

To all of my "fans", I apologize for being absent form the blogging world for a while. I miss it as much as you do. I have high hope that this week will be kinder than last week...

"Charlie and Chocolate Factory" is my book pick for the week. I just finished reading this book out loud to Jack and Elliot. At 6 and 8, they were at the perfect age for it. They loved the descriptions of the other four golden ticket winners, each one more detestable than the one before. And I could see their mouths watering after hearing about each of Wonka's edible inventions. Neither Jack nor Elliot could get enough of the fantastical story, always asking me to read one more chapter. It's a perfect read aloud story. We completed the experience by watching the 1971 version of the film. Although there are a few gruesome images on the chocolate river boat ride, the rest of the movie was great, and they really enjoyed watching the story come to life on video.

If you would like to see any of my previous book picks, simply click on the book of the week label at the bottom of this post.

No comments: