Tuesday, July 28

Belly Button Powers


Mattie has been sneezing for the last few days. I suspected he was coming down with a cold. Jack started coughing last night. Theo woke up sneezing and coughing this morning, and Mattie had a temp of 99.1. Suspicion over. Cold confirmed. All that remains is to wait and see how many more dominoes fall.

Theo had his 4 month well visit today. He weighed 16 lbs 10 oz, and measured 27 in. That put him in the 80th percentile for weight, and the 97th for height. Yep, he's a big kid. He's not too happy right now, but at least he's sleeping. Three shots and one oral vaccine on top of a fresh cold aren't fun.

The big kids are still in camp this week, so it was up to Mattie and me to accompany Theo to the doctor. As I was bucking Mattie into his carseat, he looked me right in the eye and in a low voice said, "My belly button has great powers." I replied to this revelation with a sly smile, "Yes, belly buttons are very special." I finished bucking him into his seat and backed out of the van. He looked at me again in earnest and repeated, "My belly button has great powers." I smiled and slid the door closed. It was so important, he told me twice.

No comments: