Thursday, January 7

Vital Stats


Baby Theo had his 9 month check up this week. He weighed in at 21 lbs 9 oz (63rd percentile,) and measured 30" (92nd percentile.) I feel like he's our biggest baby, but I haven't dug out the records to verify it. He is in an absolutely wonderfully fun stage of development. He is so happy, and he knows what's going on around him and just loves it! He's started to crawl, but can only go forward on his belly, or backwards on all fours. His older brothers delight in it almost as much as he does! He's learned to wave, clap his hands, give high fives, and is starting to use some signs (milk and all done mostly.) The boys love that he will perform on command. He's sleeping in his big oval crib in Mattie's room, and doing great in there. Mattie's not too wild about it though, as Theo tends to wake him up around 6:50 every morning. Mattie would much prefer to sleep until 7 or 8. He tells us to put Baby back in our room to sleep because he "wants milk" when he sleeps in Mattie's room. Theo is eating 2 meals a day of baby food, usually breakfast and dinner, and can pick up finger foods like Cheerios himself. He's still breastfeeding, but I've been trying to keep up giving him a bottle at least every other day to make sure he'll keep taking it. This is such a miraculous novelty to me, that I don't want to let it go. (None of my other boys ever took a bottle after 4 months of age, leaving me little recourse for escaping for more than 3 hours at a time.) I love every minute of every day with Theo. I wish I could keep him this age forever. And although he's only been with us for 9 months, it's hard to imagine what our life was like without him.

No comments: