Friday, January 8

The Tale of the Bathroom Doors

Yesterday I picked up Mattie at school like usual, with all of his brothers in tow. We sat in the hallway outside his classroom for quite a while, chatting with the preschool director, who by now is an old friend. The boys enjoyed their snacks, and Elliot visited the restroom.  Today at pick up, the director pulled me aside. She wanted to share something with me, something that one of the teachers had brought to her attention. Apparently this teacher went into the school bathroom this morning and found all of the stall doors locked from the inside. Now, the director had been with us yesterday afternoon, and knew as well as I did what must have happened. Luckily, she has been running the school for 30 years, and was as cool as a cucumber. Together we shared a good laugh. I promised her that I would bring it up casually at home tonight to see what the reaction was. I did. Elliot beamed from ear to ear during the whole telling of the Tale of the Bathroom Doors. I'm thinking the teenage years are going to be tough with this one. I can't trust him already.

No comments: