Thursday, October 8

Please pass the rolls

Theo had his 6 month check up today. Here are his vital stats. He weighed 19 lbs 1 oz, and was 29" long. That puts him in the 72th percentile for weight, and the 98th percentile for height. I'm always proud of the boys' healthy growth and development, but the six month checkup is always a particularly proud moment for me, because that's normally what we wait for to introduce solid foods. Theo's six month check up wasn't scheduled until he was 6 1/2 months old, so we went ahead and started cereal last week. But, up until then, he had been 100% breastfed since birth. All 9 lbs that he gained in utero, plus the ten he gained since birth, all came directly from me. I know it's what my body was physically designed to do, but the idea that I grew a 19 lb baby is overwhelmingly and breathtakingly amazing to me, and I give myself a big pat on the back for it. He's been enjoying his rice cereal, but now that the novelty has worn off, he's much more interested in the rest of things going on around him. Last night, the dinner table was particularly crowded with food plates. I guess I put one a little too close to Theo. When I turned around, he had a dinner roll in his hands. He was alternating between sucking on it and mushing it between his fingers. I don't think I've ever seen him more excited! Who needs fruits and veggies? We may just skip healthy food and go right to the good stuff - nice, buttery rolls!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Que hermoso que es!
Maria