Sunday, August 9

Mother's Work

I'm exhausted. (Blogging is oddly addictive - so much so that I deny myself a physical need to do it, but more on that another day.) I was headed down to bed just moments ago. One last step - to check on the kids. As I stuck my head in Mattie's room, I immediately noticed his skinny little bottom sticking up in the air. No pull-up. Closer examination revealed a wet, skinny little bottom sticking up in the air. Ted put Mattie in bed tonight. He obviously skipped two important steps: going to the potty AND putting on the pull-up. I called Ted down to help me. I tackled the bed while he took care of Mattie. Before we put him back in his bed he said, "I need a drink of water." Time to refuel.

A mother's work is from son up to son down. And then some. Good night!

No comments: